Whole30 Chimichurri Sauce

In preperation of Taco Tuesday!! I wanted to share this very tasty recipe I tried from my Whole30 cookbook. If you don't have the cookbook, Costco had them on sale. Worth every penny. And for a clean eating Whole30 - Paleo momma like myself, it's packed full of delish recipes!

I first tasted this recipe on the Coach Retreat I was on last week, and knew I had to share it with the famjam. TBH I'm not even sure if I had even tried chimichurri sauce before last week?? Isn't that a shame. lol. All good, at 33 I have tried it and fell in love with the unique flavour.


I should also include this disclaimer. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, and can be found picking it out of my food at restaurants. I know, so rude. But hey a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. But really, I love the way it blends with the sauce. I don't find it as harsh as plain in a salad. So, if you're not a huge fan of cilantro either, no worries. Still give it a try.


WHOLE30 Chimichurri



Ingredients:
¼ red wine vinegar
¼ cup lime juice
1 tbsp minced garlic
½ shallot minced
1 ½ cups healthy fat (avocado or extra virgin olive oil)
¼ cup fresh cilantro
¼ cup fresh parsley
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper

Directions:
  • Combine vinegar, lime, garlic and shallot in a food processor and mix on low (I used my ninja mixer and pulsed)
  • Add in olive oil and mix, it should start to emulsify
  • Add all remaining ingredients and mix until uniform texture

Should last for 2-3 days in fridge. Bring to room temp before serving, you may have to give it a little whisk to blend. I poured my extra into plastic containers and froze for for use!

Enjoy!



2 comments

  1. Not a fan of cilantro? Gasp! That's okay, I'll take your share off your plate for you ;)

    I just tried chimichurri recently and ended up using in place of mayo in my wraps and sandwiches - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Chimichurri Sauce, this looks so good! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top